 Gaming / 1196
Re: Starship RPG to Start Soon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 11:37:00 GMT

<snip>
Dan et al, I like the general idea of these kinds of games/shared settings.
But I am still trying to figure out what the technical requirements for
participants are.  Does a player need to have a digital camera (or other
easy means of posting related MOCs)?  Does a player have to check in at any
minimum interval (once a week?  less often?  more often)?

Currently I have only occasional use of a friend's digital camera and
equally rare access to a scanner for my film images.  Would that be a
problem?  If not, I may be interested in playing...  Oh, and uh, are there
rules posted anywhere?  Or is this more or less a "freeform" game?

Curiously Yours,
-Hendo

Well you build a ship with big guns and weapons and stuff.  It can have a
crew up to 15.  I don't know about the digital camera.  E-mail Andrew at
starship_rpg@hotmail.com  He's the co-mediator.  Every update (describing
your movement, where you are, ect) will be on a Saturday.  Go get LEOCad (
http://leocad.org ) or LDraw ( http://ldraw.org ) and if you can't get a
digi-cam, make a CAD model.  There are rules:
here: http://www.ozbricks.com/alliancefleet/starship/about.html
and somewhat here: http://www.ozbricks.com/alliancefleet/starship/map.html
Oh, and about the ship.  It can have 1 or 2 landing crafts which can land on
planets and asteroids.  And if you want to split up your team, it can only
go in 2 groups.  It's hell for Andrew and I if there are a thousand 2 man
groups running around.  If you have any further questions, e-mail
starship_rpg@hotmail.com because I really didn't put together all the rules.
Andrew did, and will reply personally at that e-mail.  I look forward to see
how well you do.

~Co-mediator Dan of Starship RPG