 Games / 238
237  |  239
Subject:
LEGO Constructionary game - anyone bought or played this yet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 00:25:05 GMT

A co-worker pointed out this item on the web today:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?M1ED228A6  (1)

It *appears* to be a new LEGO based game, in the vein of the Creator game.  It
doesn't yet show up on the official LEGO website (that I can find) but does seem
to be available through a number of other online retailers.

It looks (from just what I can gather on the web) that it was made at least in
part by a company called Warren Industries (http://www.wrnind.com/card.htm).
From their website I would guess they are a shop-for-hire and not a retailer
themselves.  My best guess would be that LEGO outsourced some of the work to
them to produce the cards etc. with official LEGO pieces to be included in the
final packaging.  This is all speculation however, as I really couldn't find
much more information than what I've noted above.

So we (my co-worker and I) are wondering:

1)  Has anyone bought and/or played this game yet?

2)  Is it as much fun as the Creator game?

3)  Why wouldn't LEGO.com be selling this through their website?  My co-worker
noted that if it had been available 2 weeks ago when we placed our large group
order she expects we would have been ordering several of these.  Parents in my
office were a bit steamed this year when they couldn't get the Creator game that
has been wildly popular among the kids who got it last year.  But I'm getting
off topic.  :)

So if anyone has any further information or a quick review of this game, perhaps
you can post something.

Thanks in advance!
Allan B.

(1) Actual link, in case the short one doesn't work:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000087BE7/ref%3Dnosim/xxfg-20/104-6835167-2012736