 Games / 195
Bulk Re: The biggest Lego based game ever to be held
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.games, lugnet.events
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:41:43 GMT

Hi everyone,
I'm really busy at the moment so I'm gonna reply to all of the people with
questions in one post:

Dan Mattia wrote:
It's like a dream come true!  I'll help with anything.  I am good with
websites.  I'm visiting the site now! YAHOOOO!!!!!!!!

Thanks Dan, but after thinking about it, I only really need message board
co-moderators and someone else beat you to the job. Oh well, you gfet to put
more effort into your team and their site :)

Mark Sandlin wrote:
This sounds kind of nifty, but how do we play the game?
What kinds of weapons will we use?
What kinds of armor?
How are characters statistics determined?

Well, stuff like armour and weapons will be standard, cause otherwise it
would pretty much be the strongest wins. Combat victors will be decided
randomly, with things such as number of people in the battle and equipment
handy taken into account.
To play the game, you simply move around on the map (you must tell the
mediator where u are going) and avoid the storms. When you arrive at certain
locations, the mediator will tell you your surroundings and you can make
decisions based on that...

Richard Parsons wrote:
Way cool.  Can I enter twice
I mean, after all, no doubt Ahab and the ECPSD will be in there, and it
would not surprise me if the interstellar commercial, trading and programmed
maintenance conglomerate that is Port Block Yards at least sent along a
repair ship, to help out the plucky participants in their hazardous quest
(as well as to poke about for themselves).

I don't see why not :)

Did I understand correctly that each questor is allowed a single corvette or
smaller mothership and 7 crew?  How big would a corvette be?  Less than 100
studs on the long axis?

I didn't specify any sizes but it should really be a lightly armed, mid
sized vessel (kind of like that Correllian corvette we all know and love).
I'm thinking that 100 studs would be about the upper limit

And we're not allowed small local transportation (no skimmers, no hoppers,
no Rodney Rocket Pants)?

Sorry but I got a bit confused when writing those rules. You are now allowed
small, unarmed ground (wheeled or hover) vehicles as well (as long as they'd
roughly be able to fit into your mothership.
But I have to point out that the Rodney Rocket Pants can be left at home.
Tests have shown that they are too unstable around the magnetic storms :)

I hope that thats sorted some stuff out. Now we can all go to
www.ozbricks.com/sector62/join.htm and sign up!

Hope to see you all in the game (which should officially start in about a
weeks time),

Zac Soden