 Galidor / 11
Re: Galidor is like Micronauts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.galidor
Date:
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 17:44:32 GMT

In lugnet.galidor, Richard Marchetti writes:
All very well thought out and argued.  Having zero need for ANY action
figures, I'll probably just wait for the Micronauts reissue which should be
occurring any moment now. Call it the power of nostalgia without the
obsession to have the original release versions.

I keep looking at the Galidor figures in the Spring S@H catalogue and
wondering what I would do even if I had any of these bits.  They would just
take up space, as do my handful of Belville figures.

And what explains this sale?  Aren't these supposed to be the next BIG
thing?  Surely, TLC test marketed these.  Surely those tests can't be faulty...

Maybe if they mixed Galidor with Znap they could make a fortune with this stuff.

-- Hop-Frog

I did a little digging awhile ago and found a green and red Baron
Karza/Force Commander scale retail figure that was only available in Italy.
They have unique heads and their steeds have these buggy alien heads. I do
collect action figures but have a few criteria in mind. Great detail,
playability, posability and articulation. I see action figures similar to
the daily funnies: the disposable mass-produced artform, except instead of
in print now it's in sculpt. Good examples of this I like to bring home. I
like an action figure that can stand on one foot. I like one with 360 d.
joints. Action features and noises are low on my list. An amazing likeness
(whether it be like the Brandon Lee Crow sculpt or the classic Popeye
rendering) is always more desirable.
Baron Karza has always supervised my minifigs activity. The little guys can
not percieve human scale environments or people, much like ants. So they
realize there is greater movement beyond them it's just beyond their scope.
Baron Karza is an intermediate otherness that they can comphrehend (and
various groups tend to whorship). His interchangability appeals to them out
of the full gamut of toydom as does his quality of workmanship.
It is ironic that they would lynch and ostracize a MegaBlock fig or even a
Playmobile dude but they allow such a foreign entity openly into their
masses. Mabye it's out of fear or reverent wonderment because the Baron
dosn't talk mch to them.
So I'm quite looking forward to picking up a few of these Galidor figs as
you can imagine. Mabye they would be some upstart deities to give this
ancient Titan a real challenge. Mabye they will be embedded into frescoes.
Mabye pillars or ceiling vaults. Whatever I can't wait to get that plastic gold.

cheers, Joseph