 Fun / Holiday / 97
96  |  98
Subject:
LEGO Holiday Creations for 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.richlug, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 04:03:04 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Season's Greetings All!

I'm pretty much finished with my holiday themed building for this year and
have put together a folder on Brickshelf to share my work with others as my
way of wishing everyone A Merry Holiday Season!

You can find the fun at:

http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=9118

Within this main "Holidays 2001" folder are two sub-folders.  The first
contains some pictures of my Christmas Train for this year - The Santa
Express II.  I used a lot of the same ideas from last year's train but have
expanded quite a bit - especially in the engine department.

As I write this (Thursday evening 12/20) my train is actually sitting at
work where I've set up a little holiday LEGO exhibit for my office.
Tomorrow is the building-wide holiday celebration and there will be a lot of
children running around and adults slacking off.  Not much different from a
normal day. I'll have some pictures of that exhibit posted sometime after
the holdays.

The other sub-folder contains some LEGO video.  I did a quick animation
piece this year of Santa zipping around in his rocket-sleigh laughing like a
maniac.  That's the one called BWO which stands for Better Watch Out.  I
also posted my two videos from previous holidays - Santa 2000 which is a
LEGO animation piece from 1999 and the Santa Express from last year which is
simply the the train going around and around a table-top tree (but with some
really groovy surf-rock Christmas music from the Ventures).

I posted the videos in both RealMedia (RealPlayer) and MPEG formats (Windows
Media Player or Quicktime). I think you'll have better luck viewing these if
you download them first and then watch them.

The other pictures in the main folder are MOC's from this year with the
exception of the picture of the LEGO Santa Mini-fig wrapping paper that I
found at the LEGO Outlet Store at Potomac Mills.  I took these other items
to display with the train at the office.  Of these MOC's, I'm particularly
pleased with the way my wreath turned out (wish I had more greenery).  The
idead occurred to me a little too late that I should have built a door out
of bricks to hang it on - something for next year maybe.

I hope folks enjoy the pictures and the videos.  Have a great holiday!

Greg