 Fun / Holiday / 186
185  |  187
Subject:
Holiday greeting card, 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.parts.mod
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 21:59:20 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Here’s a holiday card we knocked out this past week in order take advantage of the personalized card sale over at Shutterfly.com:

After the positive reviews we got from recipients of last year’s card, we went for a goofier theme. The caption underneath this photo on the card says “Wish you were here.....” and opens up to “... wish we were there too.”

The card uses 100% Lego parts, including the background, which is from the first Lego Idea Book (1): book and implementation.

(1) xpost to lugnet.parts.mod - Rob probably doesn’t like it, but I removed the sticker page from between those pages of the Idea Book to get the sky background. That’s a mod done “in order to enhance the MOC” or whatever evil he uses to justify his hobby (2). Plus, the swizzle stick is broken in the blue goblet. Love that broken - err, modded - parts drawer.

(2) xpost to .space because everyone there should know that Rob actually has standards.

Happy Holidays to all!
PLMKWYT.
-Nick