 Fun / Gaming / 993
Re: Anyone playing BrikWars????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 19:04:35 GMT

Hey Aaron,

Well, I got a game coming up in about 2 weeks. No bizarre techs, but we're
shooting for a large game. Something like a 2500 CP limit. One thing we're
trying is to break things down to category limits like this:

2500 CP
Air vehicles       - 1000 CP
Ground vehicles    -  900 CP
Troops and weapons -  400 CP
Extra              -  200 CP

This gives both sides a certain "Level of Expected Combatants". Mostly so we
don't end up with things like vast amounts of troopers being carpet bombed
by vast amounts of aircraft. The Extra can be put anywhere so you can still
surprise your opponent. This will be our first game with this kind of break
down, but we felt it necessary with such a large CP pool.

I'm planning on deploying a squad of rocket-troopers of death:

Hopefully, I'll have a write up shortly thereafter. Unfortunately, I have a
write up that needs to be written for our last game (a medieval game with a
homebrewed spell system) that we had in November.

Mmmm, maybe I'll try to get to that sooner.

My site (below) has pics and some (very) short write ups if you haven't see
it already. BrikWars is pretty much what brought me back to Lego.

-Evil Wayne
"There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

http://www.geocities.com/legomaniac70

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Aaron Sneary writes:
I really would like to see or read about some newer BrikWars games. If people
are playing, let's hear about it!

Also, Mike, can you PLEASE either get NELUG to finish playtesting, let other
groups playtest as well, or release the newest version untested or
SOMETHING!!!!

Thanks

Aaron Sneary
Secondary Systems