 Fun / Gaming / 759
Re: New fantasy battle rules....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2001 00:35:29 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Thomas Mitchell writes:
There are alot of user-created rules for wargames out there, even some for
LEGO(tm), but nothing that is really well-written.

  Where do I begin?  I am _really_ sorry the way that came out.  I really
do enjoy your Brikwars rules.  In my fervor to gush about the Chainmail
rules, I gave your ruleset a back-hand slap, and I apologize.

Ha ha it's all good, I was just joking around about the wound and all.
Secretly I half agree with you - by coincidence I was just having a
conversation with Dave Brown a few days ago about how professionally-written
BrikWars isn't, taking the style guide at
http://www.sjgames.com/general/guidelines/writers/writers-guide-style.html
as a good solid list of all the things we ought to be doing and aren't.  Or
I should say, all the things we ought to be doing if BrikWars was intended
for the printed page and if we ever hoped to make money off of it.

I don't want to alienate myself from this group because you guys are
real cool and have great ideas.

You'll have to do a lot better than that to alienate a group like this.  We
go for Legos *and* gaming, that makes us DOUBLE nerds.  Maybe even nerds
sqaured.  As such I'd lay odds we're less judgmental than even regular
Lugnetters, if such a thing is possible.

I am looking forward to your 'Brikwars 2001'.

The rough draft of the BrikWars 2001 text is coming together smoothly and
should be finished in the next couple weeks (fingers crossed).  After that
there will be a few more weeks while it will undergoes beta testing and
final edits.  Barring any bad surpises, the final text will be up in
mid-June, and the illustrated HTML version will be along later in the year.

- Mike.

http://www.brikwars.com