 Fun / Crafts / 18
17  |  19
Subject:
LEGO tissue boxes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun.crafts, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 22:57:51 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

While working on some Easter eggs to go with the bunny I built, I had to blow
my nose.  I just happened to stare too long at the tissue dispenser and
realized I could make one out of LEGO.  Well, I put the egg plans aside,
grabbed two different sizes of tissue boxes and built these.

The blue dispenser is 32 bricks long and 17 wide.  It's 10 bricks high.  The
walls are 1 stud thick.  The top 'brick' layer is made of 3 layers of plates
to span the unsupported middle.  The opening is 5x20.

The black dispenser is 16 bricks long and 17 wide, with 1-stud walls.  This
one is 15 1/3 bricks high.  It has the same kind of top layer with an opening
that is 5x10.

I don't know if these dimensions will fit every brand of box but adjustments
can easily be made.  Neither dispenser is complicated (they went together very
quickly and without problems) but each takes up a good portion of 1xn bricks.

When I get more time I'm going to work on some 'designer' boxes with
patterns.  Then, maybe I'll get to leave it out where company might see them
instead of keeping them locked up in my work room.[1]

LMKWYT!

John Gramley

[1]  Actually, my wife thinks they're cute.  I'm just glad she didn't send me
to the funny farm when I showed them to her. ;)