 Fun / 994
Re: Fun with babelfish
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.fun
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 13:13:39 GMT

Here's one:
Castle rules, space stinks.

Then to Korean and back...
The castle governs space offensive odor.

Another:
Castle is boring, space can be excting.
After:
The castle is piercing, space can be emotive.

Another:
Why would anybody play with castle?  Use space.
After:
Why any one would play with castle? It uses the space!

;)
-JHK
http://lego.jhkruer.com

In lugnet.castle, Matt Hein writes:
Ah, I was messing with translating some
webpages with babelfish the other week,
when I encountered something particularly
interesting.

So, I decided to take a small phrase of random
writing and filter it through one lauguage,
then back to its original language to see how
close it actually was. Actually, I was quite
surprised.

The excerpts are listed below:

Original

"I command you to cease all operations...the republican guard is no longer in
operation..." The commander spoke to his awaiting troops as he dropped
his rifle to the arid desert sand.  "If you wish to see another tomorrow, I
suggest you leave immediately..."

Filtered into japanese, then into english.

" As for I order you who finish operation everything... the Republican Party
supervision already is not... that rifle was dropped to the sand of the
desert which he dries in operation, " the commander spoke to the troop of
that expectation simultaneously. " You another ones as for me who tomorrow
probably would like to see permit you who propose immediately..."

Then to german, and reversed.

"which does not concern I order, which you, enterprise all this already
terminate... the republican taking part monitoring... this rifle is, became
on the sand of the wasteland, which it dries in strength," the commander
spoke the troop of this expectation at the same time "you another which me
concerns dropped, to that permission to probably see would like you, those
tomorrow suggests immediately..."

English to italian, and then back.

"that it does not interest the order of I, than you, the enterprise all this
already finishes... the republican that it participates controlling... this
gun is, become on the sand of the uncultivated land, that it dries in the
resistance," spoke of the commander the troop of this expectation at the
same time "you an other which me worries I have fallen, to that permission
probably to see would appreciate them, that tomorrow suggests immediately..."

English to french, back again

"this it does not interest the order of I, that you, the company all this
already finishes... the republican whom it takes part commander... this gun
is, become on the sand of the not cultivated ground, that he dries in
resistance," spoke of the commander the troop of this hope at the same time
"you another that I worry fell, with this permission to probably see would
appreciate them, that suggests tomorrow immediately..."

French to german, then english...

"this it the instruction I you the enterprise all this terminated already...
the republican, it does not only participate commander... this pistol,
become on the sand of of the not cultivated earth that he dries in the
resistance" jet of the commander the troop of this hope at the same time
"you another that I am worried me please, at this permission, to probably
see her estimate, those strikes tomorrow immediately forwards..."

Heh...interesting, eh? Since castle's a bit dry
right now, someone write some castle phrases and
follow through with the same technique. Heck,
I'd like to see a lot more.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast
O s p r e y