 Fun / 1368
Re: I'll deserve coal next year!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.fun
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 05:22:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Patrick S. O'Donnell wrote:
My wife Laurette is the one who helped end my dark ages 14 years ago by placing
a 25 piece 6811 Pulsar Charger http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6811 in my Christmas
stocking as a gag gift.  That gag gift's piece count has since been squared and
squared again (25 X 25 X 25 X 25).  I now have to be one of the easiest to buy
for at Christmas and birthday.  I'm sure other AFOLs may be the same - right?

I try and make Christmas morning a bit more interesting.

-snipped lots of fun stuff-

A couple of years ago, my wife (Beth) opened all the boxes of lego she was
giving me and padded the contents. No magical rattling sound when the presents
under the tree were investigated. (But a nice surprise on Christmas morning).

The following year, I packed Beth's presents (which weren't lego) into lego
boxes I'd saved ... boxes quite a bit larger than the presents... and taped them
in so they wouldn't move around. Then I added a couple of handfulls of
(uncooked) pasta*. When wrapped, and placed under the tree they were the size,
shape, sound and weight of lego sets...

Why pasta and not authentic lego? Just in case Beth wanted to keep the wrapping
;-)

Cheers

Richie Dulin

* I recommend penne or macaroni for this. Something hollow. Spaghetti just
doesn't work as well...