 Fun / 1078
Re: fantasy minifig packs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:39:29 GMT

In lugnet.fun, James Stacey wrote:
OK we have the basketball players minifig packs (most of which I assume are
pretty low interest to a lot of people outside the US - not all admittedly
but anyhoo)  what minifig sets would people like to see. I'm not talking
_classic space_ minifig set or _Princess Leia_ minifig set but something new.

     Aside from the fact that I'd love to see the Star Wars minifigs match the
sheer variety of Star Wars action figures (I'm talking Jawas, Cantina and
Jabba's Palace aliens, Cloud Car Pilots, Endor Rebel Troopers, DS Gunners, DS
Troopers, every different outfit worn by a main character...), I'd like to see
Babylon 5 and Deep Space 9 minifigs (I know it won't happen alongside the SW
license).

     I'd also like to see a chunk of the Batman crew (Bruce/Bats, Tim/Robin,
Harley Quinn, Joker, Catwoman, Alfred, Barbara/Batgirl, Comm. Gordon, the
Batsignal).  I wouldn't mind getting Wolverine, Deadpool, and a few of the
characters from The Books of Magic (Tim Hunter, Molly, Auberon, Titania, and
maybe a few others)

     And to borrow from an existing LEGO property, I'd be thrilled to see
Bionicle converted into minifig scale, though the logistics of it would be a bit
tricky, with the range of scale between the Matoran villagers, the Toa, the
Bohrok, and the Rahkshi.  Heck, I'd be thrilled enough just to get the six
original Toa.

     The Mad Max series (well, the second movie at least...and maybe the first)
would make for some interesting minifigs.  So would the Highlander movie/tv
series.

     Actually building the Forestmen theme around the Robin Hood legend would
simply rock.

How about a rock star set a'la kuberick figs, a set of American Presidents
(cant see any play value there but you get the idea), a set of Futurama figs

     Ooh, ooh, Futurama, yes!  You could even reproduce Fry, Leela, Bender,
Zoidberg, the Professor, Amy, and Hermes in their box-universe colors (and throw
in the blue and yellow boxes for kicks and giggles).  Nibbler, Zap, Kif, Matt
Groening's head, Morvo, and the leader of the aliens from Omicron Persei 8 would
be great additions as well.