 FAQ / 647 (-10)
  Re: Hornet multi-role fighter

In fact, try here (URL) this be a FAQ, along with why getting a web site is a good thing (compared to trying to post binaries here, which is automatically disallowed by the server, or on RTL, which will get you flamed) ? ) (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.publish, lugnet.faq)

  Re: how to cancel a message (was Re: [MindStorms FAQ 4.3 How do I make a temperature sensor?]

Boy, that was stupid. I really do wish I could cancel messages. I just realized that there is a "confirmation code", which right now is used when you request having a newsgroup sent to you via email (the page where this happens is (URL) ) So I'll (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: autoFAQpost /general/~u.can_i_use_lugnet_name_or_logo.en.faq

(...) Because I remembered it... we had a pretty intense discussion about it at the time, and we respected Todd's wishes. Timeframe was February-March of this year. This post, while neither the start or the beginning of the thread, is a place to (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: how to cancel a message (was Re: [MindStorms FAQ 4.3 How do I make a temperature sensor?]

(...) This is because there aren't any "user accounts" on the server...everything is stored in on the client (just like a newsreader). However, with memberships, we can store all of that neat stuff on the server and only burden the client with a (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: autoFAQpost /general/~u.can_i_use_lugnet_name_or_logo.en.faq

(...) Probably not worth mentioning. It's a personal thing. I cringe every time I see term AFOL because it looks like AOL and, as the person who coined it several years ago pointed out, it looks like "a fool." It also reminds me of at least two army (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: autoFAQpost /general/~u.can_i_use_lugnet_name_or_logo.en.faq

(...) Whoops, I should clarify that... The problem with it is that although it places the syllabic emphasis on "lug," it still gives "net" its own prominence by its being a different type-case. That is, it greatly separates the two halves of the (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: how to cancel a message (was Re: [MindStorms FAQ 4.3 How do I make a temperature sensor?]

That doesn't sound secure enough. I would suggest that when a user "registers" to use the web interface, their browser should be send a random unique "user ID", and the user ID should also be sent to the email address they registered with. If they (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: autoFAQpost /general/~u.can_i_use_lugnet_name_or_logo.en.faq

(...) It does place the syllabic emphasis correctly, but it still looks very wrong to me, and I think it leads to people writing all sorts of other mis- capitalizations. I've seen all of these, for example: LUGNet LugNet LugNET and I think many of (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Usable HTML tags (Was: 202 FAQ items posted to lugnet.faq)

(...) Wow, that's great! That's actually the perfect thing to do. Somehow I was led to believe someone was writing all the LUGNET tools themselves and that everything inside angle brackets would be invisible. So, let's see -- that means I can (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: how to cancel a message (was Re: [MindStorms FAQ 4.3 How do I make a temperature sensor?]

Request to Todd to have this added to the implementation queue (perhaps with a relatively lower priority) I think having a way to cancel a message from the web (which perhaps was reviewed by a human to verify bonafides) would be a good thing. I (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact