 FAQ / 642 (-5)
  Re: autoFAQpost /general/~u.can_i_use_lugnet_name_or_logo.en.faq

(...) Whoops, I should clarify that... The problem with it is that although it places the syllabic emphasis on "lug," it still gives "net" its own prominence by its being a different type-case. That is, it greatly separates the two halves of the (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: how to cancel a message (was Re: [MindStorms FAQ 4.3 How do I make a temperature sensor?]

That doesn't sound secure enough. I would suggest that when a user "registers" to use the web interface, their browser should be send a random unique "user ID", and the user ID should also be sent to the email address they registered with. If they (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: autoFAQpost /general/~u.can_i_use_lugnet_name_or_logo.en.faq

(...) It does place the syllabic emphasis correctly, but it still looks very wrong to me, and I think it leads to people writing all sorts of other mis- capitalizations. I've seen all of these, for example: LUGNet LugNet LugNET and I think many of (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Usable HTML tags (Was: 202 FAQ items posted to lugnet.faq)

(...) Wow, that's great! That's actually the perfect thing to do. Somehow I was led to believe someone was writing all the LUGNET tools themselves and that everything inside angle brackets would be invisible. So, let's see -- that means I can (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: how to cancel a message (was Re: [MindStorms FAQ 4.3 How do I make a temperature sensor?]

Request to Todd to have this added to the implementation queue (perhaps with a relatively lower priority) I think having a way to cancel a message from the web (which perhaps was reviewed by a human to verify bonafides) would be a good thing. I (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact