 FAQ / 319
318  |  320
Subject:
autoFAQpost /market/different_countries_different_catalogs.en.faq
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 23:16:39 GMT

Subject: Are LEGO® catalogs different in different countries?
Topic-Level: 1
Originator: Simon Robinson, 1999-02-19
Revision: Simon Robinson, 1999-02-19
Reference: http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.general:2731
Location: /market/

<P> I've just received my first US catalogue as a result of swapping with
my UK ones - and I can't believe how different they are.  </P>

<P> Sure, the sets are mostly the same, and a lot of the pictures are
pretty similar, but apart from that, the designs completely different.
The US/Canada catalog is a lot smaller and has hardly any text, whereas in
the UK we get set names and write-ups about each set.  Plus, we often get
descriptions of who the various minifigs are (lots of them have names) and
what they are doing (though not as much this year as last year) - there
doesn't seem to be any of that in the US/Canada catalog.  </P>