 FAQ / 292
Re: Suggestion for LDraw FAQ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 19:23:10 GMT

At 06:46 PM 6/15/99 +0000, Steve Bliss wrote:
On Fri, 14 May 1999 00:31:59 GMT, Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote:
Good ideas.  My suggestion (to tie into the look and feel and professional
style of ldraw.org) would be to rephrase the questions to be a little bit
more formal.  ie: change 'What is this LDraw Thing?' to 'What is LDraw?'
and 'Mailing list?!? What mailing list?' to 'LDraw Mailing List' or in this
case, 'LDraw Newsgroups' - you get my point...it sounds too informal or
juvenile..

A little informality can be a good thing.

At times yes.

The 'Mailing List' question needs to be rewritten anyway, since
L-CAD/lugnet.cad.dev is really a newsgroup, not a mailing list.  Well, it's
both, but it's more effective as a newsgroup (IMO).

Correct.  Anyways, ldraw.org will be displaying whatever FAQ content the
group churns out relating to ldraw (the ldraw faq).

-Tim Courtney
ldraw.org Project Coordinator

http://www.ldraw.org
http://www.zacktron.com