 FAQ / 262
Re: Suggestion for LDraw FAQ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 16:57:39 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

Looking at the LDraw FAQ, it looks like a new level of organization is
needed, above the current levels.  More precisely, a large number of the
topics should be grouped into a fewer number of top-level categories. • [snip]
I can see a need for at least the following:

- Introduction/general information
(questions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 16, 32)
- Using LDraw/LEdit
(questions 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 23, 25, 26, 27, 30)
- Troubleshooting
(questions 19, 28, 29)
- Other tools
(questions 10, 21)
- LDraw file format (this is just question 20, but the sub-levels should be
included in the TOC)
- Creating parts
(questions 22, 24)
- Ongoing maintenance and development
(questions 31) - oops, short section

This is definitely something you need to do. I think that if you change the
rather dull description "Ongoing maintenance and development" into "Release
of new parts, programs and add on's" that item on voting procedures will
catch peoples attention a lot more.

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.