 FAQ / 1327 (-20)
  adding a set to the data base

I have a set that is Model Maker No. 2 and it is not in the database. The set consists of a mini-wheel camper, car and house trailer. There is no date, but appears to be late '60s. There is line of text reading "Form No. 7002 Printed in U.S.A." How (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Lego Terms?

(...) For acronyms, see: (URL) Fleebnork is a fictional space barnacle developed by Mark Sandlin. See (URL) is the most dangerous substance known to man. (URL) (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.faq)

  Lego Terms?

Can Some one help me out? Im new here and I'd like to know all the names and stuff you guys use for lego. The only one I know is SNOT studs not on top. But what the heck is a FLEEBNORK? Or a spamcake? or anything? HELP! (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.faq)

  Zooming in robolab, printing in RCX

Is there any way to zoom into the icons in robolab, they are a bit tiny and I wanted to know if I could make them look bigger so its easier to see. Also does the RCX Code (or RIS program that comes with the mindstorms kit) have the capability to (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.edu, lugnet.faq, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: What does SNOT mean?

(...) Studs Not On Top. In other words, any building technique that departs from the typical studs-up design. For other acronyms, refer to: (URL) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.faq)

  What does SNOT mean?

Hi All, I would like to know what SNOT means. Thanks. Best regards, Paul (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: UnKnown lego piece...help!

(...) Can you put it up in a web location (or on Brickshelf)? I cannot accept attachments via email, so actually if you can just describe it, that might be adequate. best LFB (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.faq)

  UnKnown lego piece...help!

Hello All As I was sorting my lego collection, I came about a piece I cannot identify on peeron or lugnet or LDraw. Can somebody please help me figure it out what it is? I have it scanned, but I can't attach the pic here...please email me and I will (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: How cold can you go?

Well I actualy handle cold really well. Even though we do see some snow ive been known to go out in the snow in shorts and a t-shirt. For some reason my body does not get nearly as cold as everyone elses. Probably a hold over from some childhood (...) (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.build)

  Re: How cold can you go?

(...) ABS can handle cold temperatures reasonably well, but not all LEGO bricks are made from ABS. The transparent pieces are slightly brittle at room temp, which makes me suspect that they're made of acrylic, and acrylic does not handle cold well (...) (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.build)

  How cold can you go?

Ive just been told that I can have our porch as a Lego room all winter long. Thing is that its not heated. How cold can Lego's get? My dad suggested that being they are 'just plastic' they could probably get pretty darn cold. You just probably (...) (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.build)

  Re: Lugnet administration

(...) Try posting in .admin.general (I've done it here and set the follow up there as well). Todd should be able to reset it for you. -Duane (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Lugnet administration

I have forgotten my LUGNET login password. I have tried contacting LUGNET by email but no one responds. How do I get a reminder? (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: FAQ/Administrative Correction

(...) ... Thanks, Rick. The FAQ has been updated with your fine answers. Cary (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.faq)

  FAQ/Administrative Correction

Hello. In trying to answer a question for myself, I discovered the following outdated information. The following FAQ page is out of date: (URL) 1-100 rating system is no longer in place. I submit the following two replacement FAQ/Aministrative (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.faq)

  Element Color Scans

Hi All, I sent off a message to easyrgb.com and they replied, telling me that they would be happy to "scan" the LEGO elements for a color analysis for free! One small issue, they need samples that won't be returned (not to mention they're in Italy). (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.faq, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Lego colors compared to PANTONE (TM) or HKS

(...) Try the color chart on Peeron, (URL) . I believe it has some PanTone codes. Steve (22 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.faq, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Lego colors compared to PANTONE (TM) or HKS

(...) Wow, very cool! :) (...) Hey! Careful there! Steve1 (just ask MichLUG (although currently, I'm more like Steve.1, 'cause I never do any club stuff)) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.faq, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Lego colors compared to PANTONE (TM) or HKS

Hi All, Just found this great web site for color matching to many systems HLS, RGB, Pantone etc... (URL) matching! SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.faq, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Cleaning/Reparing electrical items

(...) I've also since managed to repair a 4.5V train carriage roof (thanks to the Brickish Association member who supplied me a broken one for price of postage). I might see if I can put a page together with photographs in the near future. Peter (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact