 FAQ / 1135
Re: The commonfolk's FAQ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 07:33:19 GMT

Shiri Dori wrote:

Finally!

The answer to all the questions you wanted to but never dared to ask.

The commonfolk's FAQ is here:
http://www.lugnet.com/faq/~88/

There aren't so many questions up yet, but feel free to contribute! Any
questions and/or answers will be gladly accepted. I will do my best to
provide answers for unanswered questions. Plus, if someone knows how to
pronounce Selçuk's name (Selçuk?) please LMK. ;-)

-Shiri
XFUT .faq

Wow, I'm a FAQ subject..:-) Could it be my "Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame"
?..:-)

"Sel-" is like "sell" in "buy-sell-trade" but with a shorter "l" sound.
"-ç-" is like "ch-" in "chicken" or "chuck". "-u-" is like "-u-" in
"put". A passable approximation can be "sell-chook" (shorter "l",
shorter "oo").

I can't find any good method to explain "göre" but I can say it is
definitely not like "gore" in "Al Gore". The best I can say "gör-" is
like "gir-" in "girl". Add an "a"  (as in "A book, a pencil, etc.") to
the and of it for "-e". Result is "girl a" without "l"..:-)

Typing "Ç/ç" (as in "Selçuk") or "Ö/ö" (as in "Göre") is possible
several ways in Windows 95/98/ME machines (The first one is the way I
recommend, and it is the one that I use):

* Install Multi Language Support (Turkish) and change your keyboard
layout to Turkish-Q. Then press "." key for "ç" and "," key for "ö" on
your keyboard. Better get a Turkish-Q layout keyboard and press "ç" or
"ö" key directly..:-)

* Press your numlock key (make your numlock light on) and while pressing
"alt" key, type the combinations below

alt 135  : "ç"
alt 128  : "Ç"
alt 0246 : "ö"
alt 0214 : "Ö"

* Open your Character Map applet (Start/Programs/Accesories/System
Tools/) select ç, ö, etc. and click "select" then click "copy" then
paste it wherever you want.

* Just copy and paste it from any ready document (like my messages on
lugnet) containing those blasted letters.

* Simply use "c" and "o" instead..:-)

I hope these would help.

Selçuk Göre
ÇçÇÇÇçÇÇççççÇççÇçÖöööÖÖÖöÖÖÖöÖööööÖöööÖöö....I can type it..heheheeheh