 FAQ / 112
Re: Scope of FAQ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 06:10:18 GMT

In lugnet.faq, jsproat@geocities.com (Sproaticus) writes:
But have we determined the scope of the FAQ?  How all-encompassing will
it be?

Start small, plan big.

Is it safe to say that size is not an issue?

Sure!

Here's an excerpt from my message:

"The FAQ will be patterned after the LUGNET site structure, and has room for
Q+A on anything and everything you'd expect to see on LUGNET."

I just wanted to validate my assumption.  ...You know what they say about
assumption.  (1)

Sounds accurate to me.

[question for jacob-only]
[...]
Would it be appropriate to use portions of the rec.toys.lego
FAQ (2) the r.t.l Acronyms List (3), etc. assuming permission from the
respective authors?

If permission is granted explicitly, then sure -- as long as it isn't just
dumped in without verifying it (since it's so old).  BTW, the acronyms list,
probably should IMHO be split into two parts -- a LEGO specific list (BURP,
CRAPP, BT2, etc.) and a general Internet list (BTW, IIRC, IMHO, RTFM, TLA,
etc.)

--Todd