 FAQ / 1014
Re: hackin the faq
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.faq
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 02:25:54 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Cary Clark writes:
I'm plugging along with this project; I'm a little surprised that I've
generated no feedback.

Would'a replied earlier if I saw it!!

To be inspired/enraged, take a look at this sample entry -- it may not be
what you expect:

http://www.lugnet.com/~330/FAQ/Build/direction

Totally cool!! Those are *really* good.
You're doing a very good job (and great for the community)! I'm sure many will
appreciate it, whether old-timers or newbies.

Here's what I'm doing:
- Iterating through the FAQ entries that Jeremy posted in /faq a long time
ago.

Good idea!

[..]
- Paraphrasing the answers and
- Making them "newbie-friendly" by avoiding acronyms and the like.

Definitely!
You might want to have a cross-ref to the acronym FAQ just in case.
If we can somehow compose a big-big-all-covering FAQ area, perhaps by many
people, .... <Shiri sinks into dreamland again>

Uh, yeah. Todd, is there any way to move a whole area of FTX somewhere else
without moving each page individually? I think having an entire area on
www.lugnet.com/faq/ with these pages like Cary's, mine, and others that might
pop up... <ramble mumble and grumble ;-)>.... that would be good. And def'ly a
link from that new newbie group over here!!

- Illustrating the answers when possible.

Yes, most definitely. Again the newbie (or just clueless old-timer - yes, that
happens!!) issue. ;-)

Also, try clicking through the hierarchy and see what you think.

A lot of really good stuff.

Great work, Cary!

-Shiri