 Fabuland / 8
Re: Anyone have videos?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 08:36:25 GMT

In lugnet.fabuland, Sybrand Bonsma writes:
In lugnet.fabuland, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Hey, cool group!
Good place for me to ask about Fabuland videotapes... I have heard of them, • but
never seen one. info?

-Suz

All I know is that they exist and that there should be at least two. I have
seen a cover which was something like 'Fabuland Stories part two' so from that
I make up that there should be at least two different tapes. Unfortunately I
don't know exactly what is ON the tape, so any information if it is a story
recorded with the real LEGO characters or with drawn versions of the • characters
is welcome.

A reply on my own message of a week ago:
Last saturday there was a meeting of the Dutch LEGo builders club and there I
was able to buy a Fabuland video (and also some set :)
It was the second video about Fabuland characters and was called "Edward to the
rescue". It contained nine stories, each of about three minutes long. It is
called a puppet animation movie, they use something like clay (hope I spelled
this right) for the Fabuland characters. The houses and cars that are in the
stories aren't exactly the same as in the sets, but they have used parts from
different sets to make their own buildings (They don't actually use teh lego
parts for this, but probally cardboard houses looking like you could make them
out of LEGO). Probably in this way they stimulate the children to rebuild the
sets in a different way and so expand possibilities of playing.

About the stories themselves:
They are quite nice, aimed at children in the range of about 4-10 years. In
most of the stories Edward the Elephant is kind of a anti-hero; he makes many
mistakes, but ends up to be the hero of the story in the end.

Sybrand Bonsma
Unofficial Fabuland Homepage:
http://members.tripod.com/~Sybrand_Bonsma/fabu1eng.html