 Fabuland / 157
  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) Don't forget Pooh, or McDonalds, or Amtrak (4558), or the soccer sets, or Shell, or every promo set they've put out. They should stick to things that they came up with, like policemen, firemen, the coast guard, racing cars, construction (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) on (...) call (...) And it's probably ultimately more saleable in the current US than Fabuland would be. Kids today, especially young ones, are so connected to Disney and other "brands" that it can be hard to sell them something else. Also, (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) on (...) Well, Pooh is Duplo. And I am not a Duplo builder. I'll admit, McDonalds is good. Those Happy Meal things last year got me out of a dark age! I have no idea what Amtrak is, and I've never gotten a Shell promo (though they don't look (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) Amtrak is the fedrally subsidised American passenger rail company. It has the same color scheme as the metroliner, which obviously used that on purpose to make an Amtrak lookin' train. Alan (...) airplanes, (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) on (...) Au contrair! LEGO definately did not invent Egypt! Playmobile did, and LEGO shamelessly coppied it. But you know what's even weirder? They were discussing Egypt on the news yesterday...it must have been some specialty segment designed (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

I just realized how silly this all sounds. Neither toy company invented Egypt, it was invented by the ancient civilization that lived there thousands of years ago. None of the themes listed were invented by Lego (or Playmobile). (...) airplanes, (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) No, Chris was right. It was invented by Playmobil, I just forgot. Ben Roller (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)