 Fabuland / 141
140  |  142
Subject:
Mickey's Car Garage Review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 13:40:47 GMT

Hello,
As I said in my last post I believe that I was the first to obtain a Mickey
Mouse set.  Well on Thursday my greedy little paws met the UPS guy and
procured my treasure.  As the song IT'S A SMALL WORLD, God help me, ran
through my head I ripped into the box.  There it was.  The elusive Mickey's
Car Garage stared me in the face.
  That I night, after admiring the box, I sat in bed with my wife asking why
did I by a set for ages 3 to 9.  I said calmly, "doen't you think our kids
will love this."  Let me tell you, she saw right through that.  Anyways hear
is the review.
  Mickey's Car Garage was one of the most challenging sets I have put
together.  The instructions are basically an idea book.  To my surprise I
loved it.  I felt from the start the buildings were a little small, but they
give you so many extra pieces that you can do anything you want.  Here is my
list of the Good, th Bad, and the Cheesy.
THE GOOD,
1.  Like I said there are a good amount of extra pieces that you do not
realize go into the model.
2.  The instructions have several different ideas on what to build with you
set.
3.  Lots of ressurected Fabuland parts.
4.  Pictures of other sets on the instructions, and let me tell you they look
cool.
5.  We now have Mickey and Pluto legos.
THE BAD,
1.  Although Mickey is articulated Pluto is not.
2.  If you need to make exactly what is on the cover the instructions leave
some to be desired.
3.  I do not think Mickey is to scale with other Fabuland.
4.  (with my head held low) I see no Goofy.
THE CHEESY,
1.  This post, so thank God it is finished.
Gerry