 Fabuland / 139
Re: I am the First to Own a Disney set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 04:58:04 GMT

In lugnet.fabuland, Gerry Venteicher writes:
Dare I say that I am the first on lugnut to own a Mickey Mouse set.  I just
bought Mickey's Car Garage through the Construction Site.  They also have
Mickey's Fire engine and Minnie's Birthday.  The web address is
www.constructiontoys.com.
I am pretty excitied to get the set and will give a set review as soon as I
get it.
Gerry

  I had the opportunity to look at the first two sets today at a local Meijer
store here in Michigan.  The 1st was Mickey’s Fire Engine for $9.99. I believe
it contained 28 pieces.  Except for the main Mickey figure it really did not
invite me to purchase it.  It was a mixture of some regular bricks, a couple
small Duplo style bricks and 4-5 “toon”ish type pieces to give it a Disney
look.  Ages 2+.
  The 2nd seemed a much better deal.  Mickey’s Garage for $19.99 containing
80+ pieces.  This set included Mickey and Pluto.  Parts were a mixture as in
the first, but also included some Technic for the car hoist.
  Did not see the Minnie Set.
  My 4 year old son watchs Toon Disney Channel all day long. He thought they
was neat, but put it back on the shelf to look at the Artic and Adventures
sets.

There was one other new set on the shelf.  It was a road construction type set
that containing System bricks What seemed interesting was the small movable
Duplo figures instead of regular minifigs.  Thus allowing them to place the 4-
6 year old age group on the box.