 Fabuland / 114
Re: MM sets Soccer Truck Tour
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 04:50:34 GMT

In lugnet.fabuland, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:
Looks like I'll be getting some sets this time... (unless you're up for a
trade, Sheree? ;-)

Can't trade what I don't have.  :-(   Seriously, I will probably one of the
last people to get these sets when they come out.  Everytime I start putting
aside  money for them , I decide to go after the real thing instead.  Poof,
my money is spent...

Tell me about it... I just spent all my cash at the brickfest. There go
my "savings" toward flight to .il next year. Oh well, who cares... lego is
better than friends, no? ... <sigh>

Has anyone seen the new MMsets referred to by Lego as Fabuland.  I haven't.
They have revived some of the elements from Fabuland (thank you Lego!), and
have changed some of the other elements from FL, but MM seems to have many
elements  from other themes too.  I see some nonFabuland derived Belville,
Freestyle, and the cake is Scala.  Maybe the MM sets will need/should have
their own group.  They are not really Fabuland.   And of course the figures
are new.

Hmm. I see your point. On one hand, the Pooh sets where embedded in the duplo
range, but that doesn't mean that MM is automatically FL *or* Duplo. Or
system. Aaaah!!
Well, I guess we'll hafta wait and see... I guess there isn't too much info
about them yet.

That is the most positive thing that I can think to say about them
at this time.  I dearly love the real FL figures (especially the one with
hats and funky clothes...).  For me, Mickey and Minnie just aren't as sweet
or fun.

:-)
That's because they're over-marketed and, well, non-legoish. IMHO.

I have very contrary feelings about these sets.  Sometimes I am very excited
about them and other times their appearance only makes me mourn for the
demise/loss of the real FL.   Never was I more sure that Fabuland is dead
than when I first really looked at pictures of these sets.  Still, I will
buy these sets.  Who knows, maybe more better MM sets will follow.  The
firetruck is good, very like the original.  I do so like ladders...

Well, I never really had any FL sets, so I don't really know. But I have seen
a few, and my cousin has gave me her refrigerator (wowzers!) and other various
things, and I must say I like them a lot.

I think you are very right about this.
There are some duplo MMsets too, but I think they are mainly Baby Mickey and
Baby Minnie and not the ones you are referrring to.

Oh, right. Didn't notice them. Well, they're not really duplo, more like Primo
(or Baby, as they're now called).

gotta sleep some...
-Shiri