 Events / NWBrickCon / 283
Re: several questions about NWBC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.nwbrickcon
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 00:31:27 GMT

In lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
Hey,
Well I’ve pretty much decided that I want to finish my year by traveling the US
so I’m thinking that using events is a cool way to do it. Anyway I have several
questions. If you’re able to answer them I would appreciate it.

Hi Ondrew,
Glad that your thinking about attending NorthWest Brick Con.  I'll try to answer
all your questions.

What transportation options do I have from the airport to the Seattle Center?

For past events usually the local AFOLs have picked up con attendees.  I've
picked up a few for almost every event we've had.  If not myself I'm sure one of
the local AFOLs could pick you up.  If that doesn't work out of course there is
other transportation from the airport.  Here's the link to their ground
transportation: (http://www.portseattle.org/seatac/ground/index.shtml)
Here are the rates of the various ground transportation from this page:
(http://www.portseattle.org/seatac/ground/groundrates.shtml)

SEATTLE-DOWNTOWN

Taxi
      $28.00 - 32.00

On Call Limo
      $30.00

Gray Line Downtown
Airporter by Gray
Line of Seatte
      Serves Madison
      Renaissance, Crowne
      Plaza, Fairmont Olympic,
      Hilton Hotel, Seattle
      Sheraton, Grand Hyatt,
      Westin and Warwick
      Hotels on main route with
      additional hotels served by
      Connector.
      Adult $10.50, R/T
      $17.00; Child (2-12)
      $7.25, R/T $12.00;
      Children under 2 are free

Shuttle Express
      Zone B: 1-3 Adults $21; 4
      @ $24; 5 @ $36; 6 @
      $41; 7 @ $46

Metro
      Route 194 Express or
      Route 174: $1.25 (Off
      Peak) - $1.75 (Peak)

These are all listed as approximate costs.

If I go I would like to explore the surrounding area. Any suggestions on where I
should go?

Depending on your interests...
Pike Place Market, EMP(Experience Music Project), Seattle Waterfront, Washington
State Ferries, if you have more time possibly the Olyimpic Pennisula or Mt.
Rainier.

Is there a brick bazaar at NWBC?

Yes there will be.  I believe Matt Chiles is heading this up.

Since I’m a cheap skate, how much are hotels running in the Seattle area?

We're looking into getting a discounted rate at hotel fairly close to the
Seattle Center.  We'll post details soon.  In the mean time here is a web page
that has a list of nearby hotels:
(http://www.seattle-downtown.com/seattle-center/#hotels)

Is there anywhere I can find a list of events/ classes that typically happen
during NWBC?

There will be events and classes.  We are working on putting together that list
and should have it on the web site soon.

Thanks in advance for the help and if I forgot something feel free to tell me
about it.
Thanks,
ondrew

Hope that helps.  If I think of anything else I'll be sure to post it.  Hope to
see you at NorthWest Brick Con.

Thomas