 Events / NWBrickCon / 23
  Re: I want a convention, not a show. (was Re: What kinds of LEGO-based conventions...)

(...) We are going to have plenty of stuff going on that is non-public. All of Friday is being set aside for AFOL meet and greets, and general MOC showing and whatnot. I sincerely hope you would not stay home just because of public MOC displays. :^( (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events)

  Re: I want a convention, not a show. (was Re: What kinds of LEGO-based conventions...)

(...) Two 4-hour windows of public display is pretty minor, all things considered. A much bigger "turn-off" for me is the (seemingly) rigid shutdown time - but I freely admit that's a personal bias stemming from experience with gaming and SF cons. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events)

  Re: I want a convention, not a show. (was Re: What kinds of LEGO-based conventions...)

(...) Our intent is to stick around until the center folks throw us out, I wouldn't worry about it. Probably won't leave until well after the "shut down" time. Also, the plan is to get a schedule going so that folks will have very defined "shifts" (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events)