 Events / NWBrickCon / *19 (-5)
  Re: What kinds of LEGO-based conventions do you want?

(...) I just want to chime in and say I take a completely opposite view. The best part of BricksWest for me was the public display. I loved having the kids and parents milling about and saying nice things about my models. And it gave us a chance to (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events)

  Re: What kinds of LEGO-based conventions do you want?

(...) It definitely does to me. It was one of the issues I had with BricksWest. The "official" display space was all public display. There were a few tables (and a stage (1)) in the session rooms which got appropriated for unguarded display for (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events)

Stephen wrote in message ... (...) Right. I do think though, that you are getting two sets of answers to the one poll question... one set from people who like to put on MOC displays for the general public to view, like a train layout at a show (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Re: What kinds of LEGO-based conventions do you want?

Public MOC displays refers to displays for public consumption. I wasn't really making the distinction between LUGNET/AFoLs and the "naive" public. "Public" refers to the difference between a display on a table for a bunch of people to look at versus (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Re: NWBrickCon Registration is a go!

Sorry, for our first year we're going to do it all by mail. Maybe next year, and a with a bit more planning, we'll have it for next year. Mark (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact