 Events / NWBrickCon / *19 (-19)
  Re: What kinds of LEGO-based conventions do you want?

(...) I just want to chime in and say I take a completely opposite view. The best part of BricksWest for me was the public display. I loved having the kids and parents milling about and saying nice things about my models. And it gave us a chance to (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events)

  Re: What kinds of LEGO-based conventions do you want?

(...) It definitely does to me. It was one of the issues I had with BricksWest. The "official" display space was all public display. There were a few tables (and a stage (1)) in the session rooms which got appropriated for unguarded display for (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events)

Stephen wrote in message ... (...) Right. I do think though, that you are getting two sets of answers to the one poll question... one set from people who like to put on MOC displays for the general public to view, like a train layout at a show (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Re: What kinds of LEGO-based conventions do you want?

Public MOC displays refers to displays for public consumption. I wasn't really making the distinction between LUGNET/AFoLs and the "naive" public. "Public" refers to the difference between a display on a table for a bunch of people to look at versus (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Re: NWBrickCon Registration is a go!

Sorry, for our first year we're going to do it all by mail. Maybe next year, and a with a bit more planning, we'll have it for next year. Mark (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Roommate (was Re: NWBrickCon Registration is a go!)

Now that we have a registration form, and someone over in .space pointed out that we only have 6 weeks to go, I realized now is the time to put out the call for a non-smoking roommie. Frank (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Re: NWBrickCon Registration is a go!

(...) Any hope for online registration? Creating a web page that mails someone something is pretty easy to do. (there are lots of forms remailers out there) Collecting payment via paypal is also pretty easy to do. However it may not be as easy for (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Re: What kinds of LEGO-based conventions do you want?

Stephen wrote in message ... (...) does Public mean? Open to teh general public? Or just public to conference attendees? To me that makes a difference. Open to the GP means a lot of work guarding the layout(s) when people might rather be doing otehr (...) (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Poll: Which LEGO conventions would you attend?

A new poll for all you Fest fans... Which of the following real and/or hypothetical LEGO conventions would you attend? (URL) Werner LUGNET Member #408 (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: What , when, and where is NWBrickCon?

(...) It's in Seattle, WA. October 4th through the 6th. See (URL) for more info. -mark (2) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  What , when, and where is NWBrickCon?

I'm guessing by 'NW' that it's in the NorthWest, but where? Is it near Sacramento, California? When does it happen? -- Markham Carroll (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  What kinds of LEGO-based conventions do you want?

As coordinators and schedulers of NWBrickCon, the LEGO-based International Convention hosted by SEALUG, PLNTC, and SMART in the Northwest region of the United States, we're trying to figure out what will suit you, the attendees best. Let us know (...) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events.brickswest) !

  Re: NWBrickCon Update

(...) Great! :^) (...) Well, we thought NWGrandAdmiralCon was a bit much. ;^) (...) Hope you can make it! (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Re: NWBrickCon Update

(...) Eeeeexcellent! </Mr. Burns> Since we're planning a trip out this fall(longer than last time!!), it may just find itself falling across that weekend. T'would be muchly cool to finally meet the GAMH and his SeaLUG Cohorts (can't call 'em (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Re: NWBrickCon Moonbase?

Adding lugnet.events.nwbrickcon... (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Re: NWBrickCon Update

(...) Hi Mark, I hope I can get the time off -- if I can, I am *so* there. I'm really looking forward to meeting all y'all sealuggers again, and I'll be bringing some MOCs to show off too... Cheers, - jsproat (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Re: ------( Welcome to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon )------

(...) Hooray! Thanks LUGNet Admin! ~GAMH (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon )------

Welcome to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.events.nwbrickcon (group): Focused discussion group for NWBrickCon event. lugnet.events (group and hierarchy): Organized community events, festivals, (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact