 Events / LEGO World / 71
Re: The Great Ball Contraption at LEGOWorld
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:56:23 GMT

Jean-Louis,

As one of the GBC Slaves from BrickFest, I would like to offer a little advise.

You can use it or ignore it...either way, I wish you the best at pulling together another GBC...We all had a blast with it at BrickFest in spite of the amount of work!!! And the looks on children’s faces as they watched it run were priceless.

Anyway, my advise:

1) Make sure the room is big enough...ours wasn’t quite large enough and needed risers about 10 feet from the table for people to stand on and see

2) Get plenty of outlet strips and tables in place before you start setting up...Infrastructure is key to reliability

3) Make sure the air conditioner works, because when the room fills with people, it will get warm and sticky...even in October in Northern Europe.

For anyone else: GBC modules are fun. And, no matter how simple or complex, they are all good modules. The more you have, the more fun it is!!!

Bryan