 Events / Chicago House of Bricks / 45
Re: Kind words from Charles Urbach
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.houseofbricks
Date:
Tue, 17 May 2005 12:29:41 GMT

In lugnet.events.houseofbricks, Brian Davis wrote:
   In lugnet.events.houseofbricks, Felix Greco wrote:

   Charles Urbach was the featured artist at 2BeCONtinued. He spent quite a lot of time in the LEGO room and had a nunber of conversations with us.

You know, *next* time I’m really going to have to pull my head out of the sand at HoB. I didn’t know that, and I even ended up buying two of his pieces at the 2BeCon art auction (sorry Adrian, but the red-head *still* looks great ;-).

“But honey... it’s not a pin-up, it’s ART!” ???

   all outstanding artists and really, really nice guys.

I’d like to think that the “nice guys” comment applies to me, but certainly not the “outstanding artist” comment - my creations looked more like rejected props from “Terminator 3 - rise of the machines” or something.

Naa... they’re just “informed by a different aesthetic”...