 Events / BrickWorld / 342
  Brickworld - Build On The Spot Challenge

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover The Brickworld Team has arranged to create and execute a Build On-The-Spot (BOTS) challenge at this year's event. This challenge will be completed in addition to the regular Mindstorms displays and events. As (...) (15 years ago, 12-Mar-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.people, FTX) !

  Re: Brickworld - Build On The Spot Challenge

Can you tell us what parts are allowed? For example, something like, "You may only use the pieces available in one Mindstorms NXT retail set." (15 years ago, 12-Mar-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld)

  Re: Brickworld - Build On The Spot Challenge

(...) Bring your whole collection if you would like. Parts allowed: All LEGO pieces All LEGO electronics All LEGO certified electronics (sold on LEGO Education or Shop at Home) All commercially available LEGO compatable electronics (like (...) (15 years ago, 12-Mar-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld)

  Re: Brickworld - Build On The Spot Challenge

(...) I'd like to register a team. Steve Hassenplug (15 years ago, 16-Mar-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.people)

  Re: Brickworld - Build On The Spot Challenge

I'd like to register a team. (15 years ago, 21-Apr-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld - Build On The Spot Challenge

(...) Attention everyone!! Okay - is everyone listening? We are modifying the conditions of the BOTS challenge in response to feedback received from the community. 1) You do not need team mates. You can compete as an individual or a team. 2) You do (...) (15 years ago, 18-May-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld - Build On The Spot Challenge

(...) I plan to compete. Well, maybe not compete, but I will try to build something, likely using a provided nxt and the stash, or maybe I'll bring mine, who knows. Either way, I'll be there trying to make things either interesting, entertaining, or (...) (15 years ago, 20-May-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld - Build On The Spot Challenge

Bryan, Sign me up! Add my son Nathan, too! Note to competition: beware, neither of us have yet programmed an NXT. Note to anyone looking for teammates: we could use some help. We'll supply the NXT. -Brian Alano (15 years ago, 22-May-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld)

  Re: Brickworld - Build On The Spot Challenge

Register me too. This should be a lot of stressful fun. I will bring my own NXT and parts. Can we make Steve Hassenplug participate with one hand tied behind his back? Or blindfolded? This build might be my last opportunity to use the gyro sensor (a (...) (15 years ago, 26-May-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld)

  Re: Brickworld - Build On The Spot Challenge - Participant List

Hey everyone, Best I can tell, the following people will be competing in the BOTS Challenge: Team Hassenlug Team Brost Team Alano Team McRae Team Atkinson Team Donahue There is room in the competition for a couple more people if anyone still wants (...) (15 years ago, 12-Jun-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, FTX)