 Events / BrickWorld / 278
Re: LEGO Retail Store Offerings for Brickworld Attendees
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2008 13:19:48 GMT

Brickworld is very excited to announce the following offerings from The LEGO
Group for Brickworld 2008 attendees:

[In-Store Events:]

Friday June 20, 9 PM to 11 PM at Northbrook Court - event will include a special
pick-a-brick offering

Do you have any idea what (beyond pick-a-brick) will be offered here,
that will NOT be available with the "Roving Discount"?  (why should we
wait until 9pm?)

Saturday June 21, 9 PM to 11 PM at Woodfield Mall - event will include a special
selection of damaged items

Damaged?  You mean when I rip the box open, and dump the contents out,
I'll be stuck with a model that I'll have to assemble myself?

cool.

[Roving Discount:]

We realize many of you have brick related businesses and see this as an
opportunity to stock up.  The LEGO Group has asked that this opportunity [not]
be used for business purposes but for personal collections only.

Can you explain this?  Are they asking us NOT to buy LEGO?!?

I have a large personal collection, and sometimes trade with my
friends on-line.  This is a great place to pick up extra pieces.  Is
there a limit to what I'll be allowed to buy?

Purchases of $150 and above will receive a 20% discount

This sounds lower than the discount in the past.  Why is that?

Thanks
Steve