 Events / BrickWorld / 273
Re: Brickworld Collaborative Display: LEGO Mansion Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2008 18:21:13 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickworld, Kevin Lauer wrote: ...snip...

   Width/Depth These rooms can be built to six(6) standard sizes, in terms of width and depth. Sizes are listed in terms of studs. The depth from front to back is always 16 studs. Width-wise, it can be any multiple of 8 up to 48 (width of a gray baseplate). So our six sizes are 8, 16, 24, 32, 40 or 48 studs wide, and 16 studs deep. To put these in perspective, the 8 wide rooms would be ideal for broom closets or a small bathroom, perhaps. 16 wide would do for a simple dining room or small bedroom/den. Our hallways will most likely be this width. 24 wide would work for a larger sized bedroom, kitchen, or boxing ring. The 32 wides and beyond I imagine would work best for things like a home theater, ballroom, basketball court, swimming pool...things like that.

...snip...

Doors/Windows In order to connect all the rooms together, we are setting all doors/doorways back 2 studs from the front of the module. A doorway should be placed on either one or both side walls to accommodate connections with other rooms. Doors placed in the rear wall for things like patios or balconies can be placed anywhere along the back wall. Windows should, in almost all instances, only be placed in the rear wall, as the side walls will be connecting into other rooms, and any windows there would look out of place. The door height standard for this show is 6 bricks tall. All the newer style doors adhere to this height standard.

...snip

Whoops! a few edits there. 48 studs is equal to the size of a gray baseplate, not green. And to clarify, you need only a doorway, not necessarily a door. Doorways should be 4 studs wide, and you can place an archway over the top of your door if you wish.

Share • Learn • Explore • Discover
www.brickworld.us