 Events / BrickWorld / 227
Re: Brickworld Security Issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:02:46 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickworld, Ted Godwin wrote:
In lugnet.events.brickworld, Karl Paulsen wrote:
To bad she thought it
was lame.  Clearly not an AFOL.

What amazes me is that she went at all. She had decided it was going to be lame
before she even got there and then committed a crime - I believe what she did
constitutes defrauding BrickWorld.

Why would you go to an event you had no real interest in or appreciation for?

I have to wonder, if she thought it was lamer than she expected and she expected
it to be lame, what would have been necessary for her to either (1) change her
mind and determine that she was wrong and it was not lame or (2) not have lame
expectations in the first place.  She wanted it bigger?  More bricks?  Fewer
bricks?  More details?  Fewer details?

Granted, we didn't have an entire ballroom of moonbase; was that the problem?
Some balls leaked from the GBC.  Maybe that was it.  Oh, Adam's towers didn't
have internal details down to the level of papers on desks.  And the trains
didn't make real smoke.  And the robots didn't provide drinks and sweep up
behind them.  And the Blacktron Intelligence Agency ships didn't actually fly
around the room.  And, I'm sure this was the final straw, the minifigs didn't
actually walk around and talk, like in the Brickfilms.  Yeah, I'm thinking it
was lame too.  <sigh>

Maybe she wanted free stuff.  Or nudity.  Or fighting.  Who knows.

I know we had a great time; Brickworld ruled.
Rafe