 Events / BrickWorld / 21
20  |  22
Subject:
Brickworld Registration OPEN
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 06:26:53 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

EVENT AND HOTEL RESERVATION WEB SITES OPEN

The Brickworld Team has been hard at work since announcing the event in early December. We are excited to announce the event registration is now open on-line. You can reach the secure registration site through the main Brickworld site: http://www.brickworld.us or directly at: https://registration.brickworld.us.

Brickworld registration fees are $60 for adults and $40 for children. Each attendee will receive an engraved name badge, access to all Brickworld presentations and events, tickets for the attendee raffle, model display space, an opportunity to participate in any or all of the collaborative displays, and much more.

We have also completed negotiations with the brand new 5 star Westin North Shore Hotel. The Ravinia Ballroom shall serve as the primary event venue. And, we have secured a 50% discount off of the standard room rate for Brickworld attendees. Rooms are $115/night. The hotel has created a Brickworld web site that allows you to register on-line at:

http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/res?id=0612283547&key=2349A.

The hotel also has many amenities and nearby attractions including several restaurants in the hotel and a day spa adjacent to the hotel – making this a great venue for Non-Lego Significant Others (NLSOs). Please monitor the “Attractions” tab found within the “Information” section of the Brickworld registration site for more information.

More information on the Ravinia Ballroom and setup: The ballroom provides us 15,000 square feet of area for the main event space. The room setup will include an area called Buy Your Own Bricks (BYOB) for vendors, areas for each collaborative display in the center of the display area and tables that will be reserved by attendee name along the walls of the room for MOCs that are not part of the collaborative displays. Collaborative displays include: Train & Town, Great Ball Contraption, Castle, Moon Base, and Mecha City.

Correction: We would also like to make a correction to our first announcement. We originally identified the 3 Chicago Area Lego Stores as Lego Outlets, they are indeed Lego Stores.

Note - If you have problems with the Brickworld registration web site, please contact Mike Huffman via email – mhuffman@mindspringNOSPAM.com. We are aware of the security certificate mismatch and are working to correct the problem. We apologize for any annoyance this causes as you access the site. Overall the site is still maturing. Please bear with us.