 Events / BrickWorld / 170
Re: Getting from O'Hare airport to BrickWorld? - More Info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:53:15 GMT

We received an email this afternoon from a Brickworld attendee with some local knowledge. I am posting his email here with his permission. If you end up taking a cab, this could save you some $$.

“I have been following the lugnet forums on this question, and thought I could give my 2 cents, but I am not a lugnet member currently. First, it should be noted that if someone just flags down a taxi at O’hare, they will be charged meter plus 50%, this is standard. What needs to be done is when they arrive,

Use the free phones that can “speed dial” the taxi company’s. I personally have used American Taxi (http://www.americantaxi.com/airportrates.html#wau) which is a $24 rate plus 10% fuel surcharge to Wheeling. Again, this rate is if you call once you arrive and have your baggage. The taxi company will ask for the information of where you are at, they will give you a taxi number with an approx time the taxi will arrive (usually about 10 -15 min). They will ask how many passengers, and do have some mini van taxi’s. So multiple people arriving about the same could save money on the fare.

I hope this helps.

Chris Eyerly”

We are looking forward to seeing everyone next week in Chicago.

Best Regards, The Brickworld Team