 Events / BricksWest / 720
719  |  721
Subject:
Two weekends of fun (BrickWest Part)...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.org.us.gflug
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 03:07:25 GMT

Now that I am coming out of two weekends of LEGO events, I would like to say
WOW that was a blast! The two-week trek started off with BricksWest in
California and ended with GFLTC display at GATS St. Petersburg, Florida.
Even with the head cold I picked up on the way out west, I still had tons of
fun, despite the fact that I was a little out of it... jet lag, little sleep
and cold medicine.

Special thanks to Matthew Gerber and the folks who setup the BricksWest
event. Also thanks to all the great people who put all of the super sessions
together at Windmill. Thanks to the BayLUG members for running my trains on
their great layout at the technic dinner! Thanks to Scott and Todd for the
rides, from and to the airport and Legoland. Thanks to Stephen for more
rides and a place to crash. Thanks to Steve Putz for the ride back to the
motel late Sunday night.

I really enjoyed meeting face to face for first time with great AFOL like
James Mathis, Scott Lyttle, Todd Thuma, Stephen Fisher, Todd Lehman, Dan
Parker, Ben Fleskes, Steve Putz, Rob Hendrix, Jeremy Rear, etc etc... sorry
if I forgot someone. I also really enjoyed meeting again with Brad and Jake
of LD, John Neal (ahrr), Christina Hitchcock, Tim Courtney, Larry Pieniazek,
Steve Barile, etc etc... sorry if I forgot someone here too. There were so
many great people at this event! Can’t wait for BrickFest 2003 this summer,
to meet more new faces and old!

Here are some pictures (more to come)...

Misc pics:
Best of deep links:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/brickswest2003/misc/karaoke-1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/brickswest2003/misc/karaoke-2.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/brickswest2003/misc/karaoke-3.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/brickswest2003/misc/legoland-1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/brickswest2003/misc/legoland-2.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/brickswest2003/misc/legoland-3.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/brickswest2003/misc/people-1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/brickswest2003/misc/people-2.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/brickswest2003/misc/people-3.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/brickswest2003/misc/people-4.jpg

Diner pics:
Best of deep links:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/brickswest2003/diner/bayltc-2.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/brickswest2003/diner/bayltc-5.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/brickswest2003/diner/las-vegas.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gfltc/brickswest2003/diner/mocs-1.jpg

I will have more on GFLTC display at GATS St. Pete later...

Robin Werner
GFLTC/GFLUG