 Events / BricksWest / 499
498  |  500
Subject:
[PRESS RELEASE] BRICKSWEST™ 2003 FINAL SCHEDULE POSTED - JUST TWO WEEKS LEFT TO REGISTER!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 23:42:44 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact
Matthew Gerber
BrickMedia, LLC
Post Office Box 1292
Santa Maria, California 93456-1292
(805) 347-8460 telephone
(805) 349-8872 facsimile
matthew@brickmedia.com
http://www.brickmedia.com/
http://www.brickswest.com/

BRICKSWEST™ 2003 FINAL SCHEDULE POSTED - NEW EVENTS ADDED - JUST TWO WEEKS
LEFT TO REGISTER!

January 17, 2003—Today BrickMedia™, LLC (http://www.brickmedia.com/) and the
volunteer committee of organizers is proud to make our official public
announcement of the final schedule for BricksWest 2003, the West Coast LEGO
fan event. We are also at this time announcing several new additions to the
event schedule, and reminding all potential attendees that there are only
two weeks left to register for BricksWest.

FINAL SCHEDULE POSTED TO OFFICIAL EVENT WEB SITE

The final version of the BricksWest 2003 schedule can be found on the
official event web site at http://www.brickswest.com/. There you will find
descriptions of various events, and our all-new schedule grid, outlining the
event schedule hour-by-hour.

The schedule grid has been prepared to make it easy for all potential
attendees to view and understand the event schedule. Our sincere thanks to
Ahui Herrera for his tireless work in keeping the schedule straight while
the organizing committee hammered it into shape.

NEW BRICKSWEST EVENT SESSIONS ADDED

We have added several all-new event sessions to the schedule for BricksWest
2003.

New for 2003, the organizers of BricksWest are working with several
divisions in the LEGO Company to present "LEGO in Education", a special
teacher appreciation day inside the LEGOLAND theme park on Saturday,
February 15. Educators from several counties have been invited to join the
BricksWest attendees in the park and experience hands-on exhibits and
targeted conference sessions all about the opportunities for using LEGO
products in the classroom. On the schedule are live demonstrations of the
First LEGO League (http://www.firstlegoleague.org/,
http://www.usfirst.org/jrobtcs/flego.htm), where teams of kids design robots
using LEGO MINDSTORMS™ (http://mindstorms.lego.com/) and compete to achieve
an annual challenge, and sessions featuring the LDraw system of freeware
LEGO-based Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools (http://www.ldraw.org/), and
their numerous applications in the classroom.

Several very special guests are slated to attend BricksWest. A highlight
guest is Brad Justus, senior vice president, LEGO Direct, who will be
delivering our keynote address and taking questions from the BricksWest
attendees. "During BricksWest 2002, Mr. Justus made several exclusive
product announcements, including the extremely popular LEGO Santa Fe train
engine limited-edition set. I can't wait to see if he has any surprises up
his sleeves for us this year!" said Matthew Gerber, BricksWest event
coordinator.

We'll be running the BricksWest NBA Basketball Tournament using the new LEGO
NBA licensed sets at BricksWest. Special rules are being developed to run
two 5 minute 1-on-1 games consecutively, featuring fast-paced, shot-clock
timed games. Sign-up on-site. Tips: practice completing passes and sinking
hoops, 'cause the conversions will be fast and furious!

We're also introducing the BricksWest Imperial Star Destroyer Timed Team
Build...we're assembling a team of hearty builders to build one LEGO
Imperial Star Destroyer AS FAST AS THEY CAN! Structure will be up to the
team...tackle sub-assemblies, set up an assembly line system, whatever
method they wish. The team will earn bragging rights in the LEGO fan
community...untill someone else comes along to try and break the BricksWest
time. Sign-up on-site.

We have also left plenty of open time in our schedule for impromptu sessions
of BrikWars and Evil Stevie's Pirate Game. Our LEGO gaming roundtable
participants are sure to be rallying the attendees for some games throughout
the conference...keep an ear open for announcements on the fly!

All of these sessions, and over 30 more, can be viewed on the official event
web site! (http://www.brickswest.com/schedule.html)

BRICKSWEST REGISTRATION CLOSES FEBRUARY 1...SIGN UP TODAY!

The final deadline to pre-register for BricksWest is February 1, 2003. Due
to contractual obligations, there can be no exceptions to this deadline.

Attendees may register via the registration pages on the official event web
site (http://www.brickswest.com/register.html); Pricing may be found on the
prices page (http://www.brickswest.com/prices.html).

Don't miss out on your chance to experience what is shaping up to be the
best LEGO fan event ever presented! Register today!

###

© 2003, BrickMedia, LLC. BricksWest is a trademark of BrickMedia, LLC.
BricksWest is a fan-produced event officially sanctioned and sponsored by
the LEGO Group of companies.  Information contained in this press release is
as accurate as possible as of the day of release. BricksWest and its
organizers cannot be held responsible for any errors, subsequent alterations
or inconveniences arising from them. LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group
of companies. All other marks are SM, TM, ®, or © their respective owners,
and no infringement is intended.