 Events / BricksWest / 255
254  |  256
Subject:
Winners of the BricksWest Animation Festival and Competition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:00:40 GMT

Sorry for the delay Animation fans, but I only arrived home late last night and
I didn't have access to the Internet as others did during the convention. Also
I wanted to wait for a dramatic, theatrical pause after the convention was
over. ;^)

I want to start by thanking everyone for their entries into the competition. It
was wonderful to have so many people interested. We had entires from all over
the world making this a truly international competition. I will be posting a
complete list of the entrants tomorrow. We had 20 entires in the Stop-Motion
Division and 6 entires in the Computer-Generated Division.

Now, without further a do,...

Stop-Motion Division

Conference Attendee Winner:

"The Rescue" by Allemann & Van Luven

Conference Organizer's Winner:

"The Big Night Out" by Halsdorff, Halsdorff, and Dotta

Computer-Generated Division

Conference Attendee Winner:

"The Matirx in 6 Minutes" by Jones

Conference Organizer's Winner:

"Complex Motion" by Herrera

The conference attendees decision was based upon a straight vote for their
favorite animation. The conference organizers decision was based upon a
discussion of the merits of each film and their adherence to the rules of the
competition. The conference organizers were split in the Stop-Motion Division
and the deciding vote was cast by the chair person. Honoarable mention in the
Stop-Motion Division must go to "The Gauntlet" by Silver for a close call in
this division.

In the Computer-Generated Division, Herrera was chosen by the conference
organizers for his complete body of work which included 5 computer-generated
animations using LDraw. Although one animation was singled out for the award,
the use of LDraw represented a technological break through and the 5 individual
animations each demonstrated some complex use of the LDraw program to make
animated films.

Again, I want to thank everyone for their entries. It was a shame to even hold
a competition, but it is believed that a competition with prizes will generate
interest among animators to send in their animations and will encourage the
best in quality.

Winners will be receiving their prizes in the mail.

Todd