 Events / BricksWest / 202
Re: Ride from airport wanted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:28:47 GMT

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:3C67E686.5A51B055@mindspring.com...
Let's add airport (I think at least one person is flying into the
airport near Carlsbad, and Tim Courtney is flying into LA) and airline
info:

Steve Barile wrote:
Frank Filz      IN: Fri 12:00 noon   OUT: Tues 12:40 PM  SAN Southwest
Steve Barile    IN: Fri 9:24am       OUT: Mon 8:00pm     ?   ?
John Neal       IN: Fri 12:00 noon   OUT:???             ?   ?

Is anyone from the SD area with a van/SUV/king-cab interested in busing • us
up? I'd even pay $5 or $10 for gas. Or we could get a cab-van together • (BTW
what's that cost?).

I would also be happy to toss in $5-10 for gas (and parking - I find it
easier for a driver to park and meet folks at baggage claim rather that
orbit the airport roads hoping to spot the pick up).

Frank

One other option to consider although you have to be flexible, is to look
for limosines near the taxi stand or baggage claim.  It is not unusual for a
limo to take a group for $50 (I have done this several time when traveling
with three or four co-workers).  With a limo, you get a bunch a space and
can be cheaper for a mid-size group of people, especially if you have a
bunch of stuff.  The only problem with this is you can't plan on it.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot