 Events / BrickFest / 755
Re: Rail Racers at Brickfest 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 19:46:38 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, James Trobaugh writes:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Tom Cook writes:
Related to James' straight drag race, we will have a dual "Grand Prix"
course. This will involve two identical track plans (with crossings and
curves) where two people race against each other without crashing or derailing.

Oooooh, can we bring our own trains for the Grand Prix? Are there any
standards or regulations on the types of trains?

The current thought is to use two identical "stock" locos, maybe
Metroliners.  The reason is to ensure that the locos actually will tip over
and not just zoom around any curve.  But I'm open to any ideas.