 Events / BrickFest / 508
Re: Thank You :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 23:39:17 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
I just wanted to express my thanks to both the organizers (WAMALUG) and
participants of Brickfest 2001.

For starters, although I've been saying it all weekend, I'll say it one more
time - Kudos to WAMALUG on putting this event together.  It was very well
thought out and run with great efficiency.  Christina floated around with
what seemed like a mixture of fatigue and mania during the day, and the rest
of the staff put together more hours than we could guess to make this work,
so to all of you - Thank You.

Secondly, I would like to personally thank for everyone that attended.  Your
creations and company have left me filled with both inspiration and a
euphoric feeling that will carry me for the rest of the summer (... not that
that feeling will automatically STOP on the 26th of August, but ...).  I was
amazed by not only seeing some of the creations in person but by seeing
their creators as well.  Although I'm partial to the dot-castle crowd, all
other rooms made me feel giddy for different reasons.  It was good to
finally meet some people in person that I've been talking to for what seemed
like years as well as to see my friends from DixieLug again :)

Lastly I want to thank the Lego Company for all they did to make this even
happen and the Lego Outlet for having a 50% off sale.  Cha-ching.  We
cleaned up ...

Man ... I had a great time.  I look forward to seeing people post their
pictures on Brickshelf from the fest ... and seeing Kevin change the poll ;)

    --  Pawel

I'd like to second that.  Brickfest was the most fun I have had in years.  I
look forward with great anticipation to Brickfest 2002!