 Events / BrickFest / 3890
Re: Shipping MOCs to BrickFest PDX Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 15:45:05 GMT

"Adrian Egli" <aegli@san.rr.com> wrote in message
Gotta BIG question (have a BIG MOC) and hopefully someone can answer it.
If I
make reservations at the Red Lion hotel for BrickFest PDX, can I ship my
creation to the Red Lion and have them hold it for me?  Would there be any
kind
of holding fee?

I ask this because I saw a local news report of people shipping their
baggage
via FedEx (or similar) to hotels rather than check their bags with an
airline.
The report also noted some hotel offer this and some don't, and, some may
charge
a fee while others don't.

Thanks,

Adr.

When I travel for work I sometimes ship packages to the hotel where I am
staying.  I have shipped my luggage only once and the one time I did it, my
plans changed and I never actually stayed at the hotel.  Tracking down my
stuff was a pain and I haven't done it since.  Now I just carry my baggage
as I used to and don't carry much in the way of shampoo, toothpaste, etc as
most hotels have what I need.

Back to your question - what hotels will do with respect to Guest Packages
varies.  My experience has been that most will hold them for you in the
business center at no charge and some will even put them in your room.
However, there is no single answer as I have also been charged "handling
fees".  You'll need to call the Red Lion and ask what their policy is.  I
believe it may also depend on the size of the package.  Some chains will
waive or reduce business center fees if you are a member of their Frequent
Guest program.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com
http://blog.carolinatrainbuilders.com - My LEGO Blog