 Events / BrickFest / 382
Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 15:51:35 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.general, Kyle D. Jackson writes:

If there's time left after Santosh's question(s), I'm curious to
hear Brad's comments on:

1) What is LEGO Direct's target consumer group (ie, AFOL vs non)?
2) Which group is actually the largest part of their customer base?

These were sort of asked already. Brad readdressed:

Target is non AFOL but they are very aware of us as customers and want to do
things where it makes sense. Kids are the primary market though. S@H has
been in place to serve kids and familys as the target for 20 years ++.

We (LD) want to appeal to the entire target. We think that there is 25% of
the market (of total LEGO buyers) are involved consumers (know the brand,
are loyalists, know and share the values of constructivism, creation).

So really the core group is not AGE it is people who believe in the brand...

(that was a paraphrase I may have bobbled it)

Thanx, Larry!  Bobbled or no this is great info.  That 25% number,
which would include AFOLs, is certainly noteworthy.  I guess that's
how we manage to net LEGO Direct employees at events like this in the
first place.

Thanx again, enjoy the 'Fest!
KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada