 Events / BrickFest / 3722 (-5)
  Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)

(...) Golly Pete In my opinion no monetary compensation for the event coordinator of a major event is akin to slavery. And that is very, very unethical. Once you pay your registration fee to an event you should have no say how, where, or to whom it (...) (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)

(...) Yes, it absolutely does. I expect every cent I put in to go back to the event itself, and not the people running it. The only compensation I expect any staffers to recieve is free entry to the event (since it is more work than play for most of (...) (18 years ago, 9-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: GBC at BrickFest 2006

(...) That was great! Thank you very much for posting the videos. (18 years ago, 9-Sep-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)

(...) I'm not convinced of this at all. My estimations of the amount of money coming in does not match up with information I have been able to glean on costs. I am not privy to the financial details, and could be wrong, but I still have my (...) (18 years ago, 9-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: GBC at BrickFest 2006

My almost 10 minute long video is ready. Sorry it's a week later than I said, but it's not my camera so I had to borrow it again. (URL) (18 years ago, 9-Sep-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact