 Events / BrickFest / 3702 (-5)
  Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)

(...) I will have a chance at the beginning of October. Some things are still being worked out, such as taxes and fees. I already have a rough breakdown of costs based on registration, but there is some undefined info, so I would rather wait until I (...) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)

(...) Its not my intention to flame at all. I was just making some observations. I am really just tangentially associated with the event. But I am aware that "just organizing the event as a whole" is no small thing. And it is my opinion that (...) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)

(...) I'm not following your reasoning linking what you feel you get (or don't get) and where your money goes. Nevertheless. To make a simple comparison, do you eat at a fast-food restaurant, knowing that your money is not covering just the cost of (...) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest registration fees

Anthony, You don't know me from Adam, I lurk more than anything. But I had to respond to this post. First off, I have zero knowledge of how the event was organized. I went in '04 and that was it. I don't know if anyone got paid or not. But I have (...) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest) !!

  Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)

(...) Yes, it matters to me where the money goes. Why? What do *I* get out of brickfest? I get discounted LEGO, see new LEGO products, display my stuff, see other people's stuff and talk to other LEGO fans. Cheap LEGO - I can always get a friend who (...) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact