 Events / BrickFest / 3697
Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2006 20:13:38 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Interesting topic this....

I an not qualified to judge the issue of wether or not folks should be paid, but here are a few things to consider.

-Workers for Non-Profit organizations are paid. (I am one)

-Gallery owners and art show organizers make money.

-Is Brickfest a not-for-profit event?

-Does it matter?

-The #s that have been presented here are so incomplete, that Brickfest could have broken even, lost $ or made a profit.

-I would like to see a financial overview of the event, but that’s just my peculiar curiosity, and if it is a not a non-profit event, then no one has a right to demand that kind of information.

-Do Joe or Christina want to let us know what the financials were for Brickfest?

Anyway I am just curious. The wife and I are going to do our best to attend Brickfest next year wether or not the organizer makes some $. If it is even half as good as the pictures suggest, the registration is totally worth it. Definately a service worth paying for.

Karl Who wishes he was at Brickfest 06.