 Events / BrickFest / 3692 (-10)
  Re: Brickfest 2006 : 8285 Speedbuild new record (pics loaded!)

(...) Hi, before the 1000steine Land we didn't have any information about what set to build and who will build. 5 people were selected to build, and the rules were: -Build the set as fast as possible -Only use one set of instructions and do not rip (...) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)

(...) One of the reasons a lot of people I know have complained is because the price is higher than a lot of other events, such as science fiction conventions and anime conventions, and they've felt it just isn't worth the same, especially (...) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)

In lugnet.events, Tommy Armstrong wrote: snip (...) I guess I'm one of those people - not that I complained, I just didn't go because I couldn't afford it. The last BF I went to (in '04), I probably spent around $125 total for registration, (...) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest 2006 : 8285 Speedbuild new record (pics loaded!)

(...) Hi Christian, I guess there needs to be a couple of clarifications. Or something like that. Our attempt was based on sketchy information - at the time, there were no announcements online about the attempt by y'all, so we did not have a count (...) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest 2006 : 8285 Speedbuild new record (pics loaded!)

(...) Hi, I'm not 100% sure I'll understand your record. I was one of the 5 (yes, we were only 5 people) people building that set at the 1000steine Land in Berlin. According to the official LEGO time keeper we needed 2 hours 09 minutes and 42 (...) (18 years ago, 7-Sep-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest) !!

  Re: Yet another set of Brickfest images...

(...) Thanks for posting them, I enjoyed looking through the gallery! Calum (18 years ago, 6-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brickfest 2006 : 8285 Speedbuild new record (pics loaded!)

Dear all, A small group of us (6 in the team) participated in the Speedbuild @ Brickfest 2006 .. and a new record has been set (new Technic Tow Truck Set 8285). We completed it in 2 hours 36 mins beating the old record by 6 mins (was 2hours 42 (...) (18 years ago, 6-Sep-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest

Before the excitement wanes and memories start to blur, lets get started on planning BrickFest 2007. Joe recently informed me that he is no longer interested in Coordinating BrickFest 2007. I’d like to thank Joe and his wonderful team of for all (...) (18 years ago, 6-Sep-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Yet another set of Brickfest images...

(...) I had totally forgotten this image was part of the keynote presentation: (URL) think LEGO gained a bit of cred with that slide, even though I don't remember that the actual answer was particular satisfying. Just addressing the issue was a big (...) (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Yet another set of Brickfest images...

You can find my Brickfest images here: (URL) I think I have finally caught up on my sleep... Jeff VW (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact